Sunday, March 13, 2011

No More "I Can't"

Here’s a little blog activity for you:  How many times, in the past month, have you thought or said to yourself….”I can’t do it”.   Almost 100% of the time when we say it, it’s just a knee-jerk reaction to whatever is going on at that particular time.   What I find really interesting about this, is that over 90% of the time we say it to ourselves, we eventually end up doing whatever it is anyway.  
I can’t tell you how many times people in my camp have told me they can’t do a push up, sit up, or there is no way they will ever be able to run a mile.  The truth is they’ve never tried it before since they have always told themselves that they “can’t do it”.  This week I’ve heard a few “I can’t” statements only to watch them buckle down & do what they thought they couldn’t do.   The best part, when this happens, is when they realize they have been telling themselves  how they can’t do this or that their entire life and now they have their epiphany that they in fact can do it.  We’re starting week 2 of the March camp tomorrow.  I’m hoping that everyone has passed the “I can’t” stage & enter the “I can” or “I will” stage.    If they only believed in themselves as much as we believe in them…..

No comments:

Post a Comment